Chicken breast cooked with mild flavorful vegetables along with beans making the recipe sweet and tangy.
Tuscan style food is nothing but the food that has simple nature and not loaded with heavy sauces. Also, in this type of food, beans are a staple thing and is prepared using olive oil and not with butter.
- Prep time - 20 mins
- Cooking time - 30 mins
- Serves - 3
- Skinless chicken breast - 1
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp, crushed
- Onion - 1, chopped
- Carrot - 1 cup, chopped
- Thyme - 1 tsp, dried
- Garlic cloves - 5, peeled and minced
- Dry white wine - 1/2 cup, ( white or pale green grape juice with vinegar can be used as substitute)
- Spinach - 2 handful
- Water or chicken stock - 1/2 cup
- Lemon rind - 1/2 teaspoon
- Black- eyed peas - 1/2 cup, soaked in water, cooked and drained
- Grape tomatoes - 1/2 cup
- Tomato paste - 1 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, place the chicken breast and roast it all sides over medium/ high heat. Cook for 5 mins.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- In the same pan, add oil. Saute onion, carrot, thyme, grape tomatoes and garlic for 5 mins.
- Add wine ( or grape juice with vinegar) and cook for 3 more mins.
- Add spinach and cook until it's wilted.
- Stir in the remainings. (ie., Beans, lemon rind)
- Add the chicken breast in along with tomato paste. Close it and cook till the chicken breast is completely done.
- Serve hot with bread and olive.
Hope you like this recipe. I will post another interesting recipe in my next post. Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Have a wonderful day!