Red Snapper fry/ Sankara Meen Varuval

Hope you liked my yesterday's recipe - Red Snapper Fish Curry. In order to go with that, I wanted to share a fish fry as side dish. Fish fry is usually prepared with all size fishes namely Anchovies, King Fish/ King Mackerel, Red Snapper, Tilapia, Sea Bass,etc., It all tastes good with fish curry.

When I went to the fish market this time, I found fresh red snapper and a good butcher. He did an awesome job cutting the fish - clean and steak. But my last time red snapper shopping experience was gross. So I thought of sharing this recipe which I am tasting it after many days.



Recipe:
  • Prep time - 15 mins for mixing and 2 hours  ( For best results, marination time should be at least 2 hours)
  • Cooking time - 7 mins
  • Serves - 3
Ingredients:
  • Red Snapper - 1 and half pound ( cut into thin slices)
  • Ground Red chili pepper - 2 tablespoon
  • Ground Coriander - 1 tablespoon
  • Ground turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon
  • Salt to taste 
  • Oil for shallow frying
  • Lemon ( optional after cooking)
Method:
  • Cut and wash the fish pieces.
Fish slices

After cleaning and washing

Adding the marination ingredients

Marinated fish slices

Oil for shallow frying

Frying the fish slices

Ready to be served!

  • Add the all the ingredients except oil and lemon and mix the fish pieces well in the spices. Keep it marinated.
  • Heat oil in a saucepan over high heat. Once is oil is heated enough, add the marinated fishes one by one.
  • Cook it for 3.5 mins over medium and high flame. Flip it slowly and cook the other side too.
  • Once the fish is cooked, serve it hot. Lemon may be squeezed.
I will share another interesting recipe in my next post. Your suggestions and feedbacks are welcome.
Have a wonderful day!

Comments

  1. Wow! The end result seems luscious. Thanks for sharing such easy recipe to cook Red Snapper fry. However, I found a similar fish finger recipe on PNT site. Now I have two methods to try my hands on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you have found fish finger recipe! That's my fav too except that only few fishes are qualified for that like white fish, pollock, cod, etc., I am planning to make pan seared red snapper with mango salsa tomorrow. Hope you will like that too! Special recipes for special fans!

      Delete
  2. also I have made white fish fry in my YouTube channel and you may check that too. https://youtu.be/aOOJkzlAt24

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment