Soft Chicken meatballs packed with flavor tastes awesome with nicely cooked spaghetti with the trace of tangy lemon. A wonderful recipe fulfills your tastebuds.
- Prep time - 20 mins
- Cooking time - 30 mins
- Serves - 2
- Ground Chicken - 1/2 lb
- Egg - 1, white only
- Bread Rusk - 2 tablespoon
- Onion - 1 small, finely diced
- Parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup, grated
- Oil - 3 tablespoon
- Cilantro or Parsley - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Oregano - 1/2 tsp, fresh or dried
- Garlic - 4, peeled and minced
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper - 1 teaspoon, grounded
- Bell pepper - 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Spaghetti - 8 oz
- Water to boil spaghetti
- Lemon - 1/2, juice and zest
- Basil - 1 tablespoon fresh or 1 teaspoon dried
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- All purpose flour - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Mix onion, ground chicken, bread crumbs, cheese ( half), 2 tbsp oil, cilantro, oregano, garlic, salt, black pepper, bell pepper in a large bowl. Make the mixture into small or medium size balls.
|Mixed meatball mixture.|
- In a smooth griddle, heat oil over medium flame.
- Place the meatballs in griddle and roast all sides for 3 mins.
- Preheat oven to 475 deg fahrenheit and shift to warm mode till the meatballs are roasted.
- Place the roasted meatballs in a baking tray. Bake it for 20 mins. Keep it warm.
- Cook and drain spaghetti as per instructions with little salt. Save half of the pasta water for cooking.
- In a saucepan, pour some oil. Add bell peppers. Saute well.
- Add lemon juice, remaining cheese, salt black pepper and milk. Allow it to boil. Add some all purpose flour. Mix well leaving no lumps.
- Add the cooked and drained spaghetti into the sauce and mix well. Place meatballs on the spaghetti. Sprinkle lemon zest and dried basil. Serve hot.
Hope you like this recipe. I will share another recipe in my next post. Your comments and feedback are important, Have a wonderful day!