Homemade Pizza Sauce



For years, I had trouble finding out a pizza which my family likes. At some places they like the pizza crust, toppings, but they never really liked the pizza sauce. Sometimes it's tasting raw; other times the proportion of the sauce is just too much. So I started making my own pizza sauce.

Generally in pizza sauce, the ingredients are blended raw. That's why it gives raw taste. Why not replace the recipe into my own taste? In order to avoid that, I cooked the sauce after blending. I prefer fresh vegetables over canned. Whatever is seasonal, I like to buy that vegetables and fruits. You can feel free to spice up your sauce according to your taste. I like to incorporate Indian flavors in this sauce.

Moreover, there is a proportion of tomatoes to the spice is important. That really decides the taste of the sauce. If the tomato is the way more than the spice proportion, you can only be able to taste the tomatoes than the spice. In this recipe, I am going to add less tomato so that we can get tomato taste along with the spices. Also this recipe, you can use red wine vinegar to enhance the taste. But I have used just water to make it Indian.

Recipe:-

  • Prep time - 10 mins
  • Cooking time - 20 mins
Ingredients:
  • Fresh tomatoes - less than a pound
  • Olive oil - 1 tbsp
  • Red wine vinegar - 1 tsp (optional)
  • Garlic cloves - 2 large, minced
  • Salt to taste
  • Granulated sugar - 1 tsp
  • Dried oregano leaves - 1 tsp
  • Freshly ground black pepper corn - 1/4 tsp
  • Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Method:
  • Boil the tomatoes in water. Blanch them. Peel the tomato skin and blend the tomatoes without water as the tomato already has juice in it.
  • In a skillet, add olive oil, minced garlic and the blended tomato in.
  • Now add the rest of the ingredients. Give it a nice stir occasionally.
  • Cook it for 5 to 10 mins.
  • Cool it down completely and store it in a mason jar or any glass bottle. It can be kept fresh for months.
  • Spread this sauce generally over pizza dough whenever you cook one!
Hope you liked this recipe. For more updates, follow my blog and don't forget to subscribe my Youtube channel. I will share another interesting recipe in my next post. Your feedback and comments are welcome. Have a wonderful day!

Comments