Coconut Cookies | Theangaai Biscuit



I wish all my readers a very Happy and prosperous new year! In this new year, I am sure that many of you have taken resolutions as usual and pushing yourself toward that goal so at least this year you can achieve it. Best of luck for that. I am saying this because I am one among you and as the first stepping stone towards that I have made my first recipe of the year. Yay!! As a head start, I baked coconut cookies which I had tasted a lot of it during my teenage.

A crispy cookie outside with the sweetness of chewy coconut flakes in the center will rock your world. This is a no flour recipe with very simple ingredients. Just mix and bake. Here, we have evaporated milk. But you can also use condensed milk. The difference between evaporated milk and condensed milk is nothing but the condensed milk has sugar and evaporated milk is unsweetened. So if you are planning to use the condensed milk, do not add any sugar. I have added castor sugar just because of the evaporated milk. And the other thing to be noted here is the egg whites. Always bring the eggs to room temperature before using it for baking and lining the cookie tray especially when flourless cookie is baked. This may feel a little anxious at the end even with the parchment paper to pull the cookies out. Applying little bit of butter or ghee (clarified butter) to grease up could really help. But just be extra careful when pulling the cookies out.




Recipe:

  • Prep time - 20 mins
  • Cooking time - 30 mins
Ingredients:
  • 12 oz sweetened coconut flakes
  • 12 oz evaporated milk
  • 2/3 cup castor sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4 tsp ground cardamom seeds
  • 2 egg whites, beaten till spiked 
  • Little butter or clarified butter ( ghee) for greasing the parchment paper

Method:

For easy video instruction, please check below:



  • In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except eggs. Mix well.
  • Preheat the oven to 325 deg Fahrenheit. In a separate container beat the egg whites until they are light and fluffy with spikes.
  • Fold the whipped egg whites in the mixture.
  • In a parchment paper lined cookie tray, add little butter or clarified butter ( I recommend ) and grease the paper for the cookies comes out without sticking as I didn't add any flour to the mixture. Never bake these cookies without lining as this type of cookies are going to stick in whatever type of nonstick tray you are using.
  • Using an ice cream or cookie scoop, gently place the mixture in the tray. 
  • Bake it for 20 to 30 mins. 
  • Enjoy the cookies after slightly cooling it down.
Hope you liked this recipe. I will share another interesting recipe in my next post. Your comments and feedback are welcome. Have a wonderful year ahead!

Comments