Perfect Homemade Pizza Recipe


A food that everyone loves; would be the first option that comes to your mind when you plan a meeting; makes a get together complete; kids scream out in joy! Yes.. PIZZA! I like to eat pizza all time. Who wouldn't? My daughter has her way to describe pizza which is " I don't like it. I LOVE IT!" To be frank, even though I am happy that she enjoyed her food, I am a little worried when she prefers to eat outside. So, I thought of making her favorite food by myself to win her heart.. :)

Making pizza for the first time can be a little tricky especially when you are new to lukewarm water and yeast. In this recipe, I have used pizza tray and it just worked perfect. So, please don't hesitate to try pizza thinking that you don't have pizza stone. The very important thing in making pizza is the dough and then the sauce. It's very easy to make the dough if you know the right proportion of ingredients especially the water. I have added little more water to make the pizza crust chewy.



About the sauce, I don't prefer to buy the sauce at grocery store. I wanted to try it on own. Otherwise, there is no point in saying that I made pizza from scratch. Before I say how I made the pizza, I should say why I made it. Well, I like Indian - Dominos and Pizza hut a lot. It gives a nice aroma which kindles your hunger. While having Indian pizza, I didn't get raw tomato taste. It tasted totally cooked. So, I wanted to incorporate indian flavors in the sauce. You can store this sauce upto 6 months as I have cooked it and reduced it.

Another thing is rolling the dough. Never use rolling pin to roll out dough for pizza. It's better to use hands in order to make whatever shape you want your pizza to hold up to. Cooking pizza gives you lot of time because when the dough is being set, you get time to prepare sauce and chop down the toppings.

I have made the 3 stage preparation of pizza into 3 recipes so that it would be easy to go through when you get in the process. Well, below is the recipe for pizza with the hyperlinks of pizza dough and pizza sauce.


Recipe:
  • Prep time - 2 hrs + 15 mins (including the dough rising time and sauce preparation)
  • Cooking time - 20 mins
Ingredients:
  • Pizza dough - 1 portion
  • Yellow cornmeal - 1 tsp
  • Olive oil - 1 tbsp, divided
  • Pizza sauce - 1/2 cup
  • Cottage cheese - few
  • Onion - few
  • Mushroom - few
  • Bell pepper - few
  • Olives - few, pitted and sliced
  • Mozzarella - 4 to 8 ounces, shredded (depends how much you like)
  • Cheddar Cheese - 1/2 cup
  • Parmesan Cheese - few ( optional)
Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 500 deg Fahrenheit. My oven takes 15 to 20 mins to get preheated. So plan accordingly.
  • Line pizza tray with parchment paper. If you are using a pizza stone, then you have to put your pizza stone inside while preheating the oven. But you need a parchment paper on your work place.
  • Sprinkle some yellow corn meal and put the deflated pizza dough. I suggest you to use the hands to roll the dough instead of rolling pin. Don't forget to apply olive oil in your hand before you roll out the dough to avoid the dough sticking in your hands. Just gently pull the dough apart and increase the area to your desired size. If you need thinner surface, press it using the palm.
  • Spread the pizza sauce on the dough. 
  • Over that put your topping of your choice including oregano leaves, vegetables, cheeses, etc.,
  • Bake it in the oven for 12 - 18 mins. 
  • Enjoy your pizza.
Hope you liked this recipe. For more interesting recipes, follow the blog and subscribe my Youtube channel. I will share another interesting recipes in my next post. Your feedback and comments are welcome. Have a wonderful day!

Comments