Vegetable noodles are an easy and healthy recipe and it can be done with whatever vegetable is there at home. In this recipe, I have made a fusion noodle of Indian and Chinese. Generally there are many varieties of noodle namely wheat, rice, buckwheat, etc. Even they are classified into many varieties depending on the way of preparation and the utensils which are used to cook.
In this post, I have shared how to prepare easy and tasty vegetable noodle quickly with just ordinary ingredients at home. Actually, I felt like having noodles that night which has given my a thought of a noodle seller back in India and I tried to replicate that recipe. This recipe doesn't require a checklist and can be made with whatever ingredients you likely have at home.
Watch the below video for easy and simple instructions and please do subscribe my Youtube channel if you like the video:-
- Prep time - 30 mins
- Cooking time - 30 mins
- Serves - 3
- Noodles - 1 dried block form, boiled to 80 to 90% with oil and salt, then drained
- Oil - 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Cabbage - a small handful, julienned
- Carrots - a small handful, julienned
- Bell pepper - any color, a small handful, julienned
- Onion - a small handful, sliced
- Cottage cheese or tofu - a small handful, thick julienne
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp, dark or light
- Ground paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Ground garam masala - 1 tsp
- Green chili peppers - 2, cut crosswise
- Chopped garlic - 3
- Salt to taste
- Eggs - 2 ( optional)
- Ground pepper - a pinch or to taste
- Oil - few drops for boiling the noodles
- Salt - 1 tsp for boiling the noodles
- Water - 3 cups for boiling the noodles
- Boil the noodles in hot water by adding few drops of oil and a tsp of salt. Using a tong or fork, separate the noodles while getting cooked otherwise it will be sticking to each other.
- Once the noodles are 80 % done, drain the water and place it in a bowl and add a tsp of oil and mix it well in hands in order to separate one from each other even it turns cold.
- In a large skillet or wok, add some oil.
- When the oil is well heated, add all the cut vegetables and cottage cheese without a drop of water as the water's presence will start to cook the vegetables softly instead of making them crunchy.
- Now add the soy sauce in. Saute well over medium/ high heat.
- Add the chopped garlic and green chili peppers in. Then add the garam masala and the ground paprika. Saute well for 3 mins.
- Now add the noodles in and mixed the vegetable masala well. Check the salt as the soy sauce has salt in it. So it's better to taste and add the salt if needed.
- Saute well so that the noodles can be cooked along with the vegetables and masala.
- When the noodles is almost done, add in the eggs and add pepper and little bit of salt just for the eggs. Scramble it well and mix it with the noodles as well.
- Cook it until the eggs are nicely done.
- Serve it hot with or without stir fry.
Hope you liked the recipe. I will share another interesting recipe in my next post. Your comments and feedback are welcome. Please subscribe my Youtube channel if you like my recipe videos. Have a wonderful day!